Maratha Mandir Mauritius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW CAN WE............

3 posters

Go down

HOW CAN WE............ Empty HOW CAN WE............

Post  Anju Mon 29 Oct 2007, 03:56

HOW CAN WE MAKE THE YOUNGER GENERATION INTERESTED IN OUR CULTURE AND TRADITIONS?[i] Question

Anju

Back to top Go down

HOW CAN WE............ Empty Re: HOW CAN WE............

Post  Nitisha Mon 29 Oct 2007, 19:10

well....i really think that the maratha youngsters in mtius need a great boosting up so tht they r more keen in their language n culture!! those who are involved are vry much involved!! bt there are many who still havnt realised wat a treasure our marathi language and culture is...n how it is of upmost importance to preserve it for the new generations to come!! there r so many ways in which we can encourage youngsters...there are so many saturday schools where youngsters get the oppotunity to learn nt only their language bt also their culture....n that too for free!! one eminent exmple is the Maratha Mandir Marathi School where marathi classes r conducted evry saturdays!! i'v been a stud of the MMMS for the past 13yrs n attending those classes have really helped me a lot...n i started developing such a great interest in my lang n culture!! so...if these saturday classes r spread all over the island...so why cnt youngsters tke z maximum profit out of it!!!!! appeal has to be done to parents also to encourage their child in the preserving of THEIR culture n language....youngsters can also join different mararthi associations and do social work for the marathi community...from my point of view i find that there are many opportunities for youngsters to learn n preserve our lang n culture...but they are not taking maximum profit out of these opportunities!! my appel to youngsters would be to go forward...do ur max to preserve wat God has giften us!!

COM'ON GUYS...ITS OUR CULTURE!!!! If we dnt preserv it then who will....!!!!!!!!!

Nitisha

Back to top Go down

Post  Avneesh Tue 06 Nov 2007, 01:08

Simple... By cultivating them the same way as our parents did... And for that, its the parents who need to be interested in our culture... That's where i think the problem comes from...
Peers may also have an effect on our youngsters... That's all I can say!!!
Avneesh
Avneesh
Admin

http://www.marathamandir.mu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum